In a message dated 8/23/05 7:40:55 PM, Nkshaw writes:
We would like to extend an offer to you and your friends to go to Crawford TX to be there for the last week of the vigil.
What is happening there is incredible and very spiritually uplifting with all the showing of love and support.
Besides, we need to be there to support Cindy and also to communicate to America that this is much bigger than just a one-woman fight against the war machine.
The cost of the trip will be a minimum payment of $1... or whatever you can afford. The bus holds 48 passengers and the average cost is $270 per person. I am hoping that others will step up and contribute if they are not able to attend which will help finance those able to go yet unable to afford it.
Contact Info Los Angeles
Contact Info San Luis Obisbo
· Bus leaving San Luis Obispo 7AM Wednesday 8/24
From San Luis Obispo County Veterans Service Office
801 Grand Ave. Cross St.: Monterey
· Pickup at Warner Ranch Park intersection of Topanga Cyn Blvd and Califa St. near 101 Fwy on-ramp 3-4 blocks north of Ventura Blvd.
· Pickup in the Los Angeles area at 11:30 AM Wednesday 8/24 - 2400 West Sunset Blvd.
Above site may be changed to KPFK studio – 3729 W. Cahuenga Blvd., No. Hollywood
· Additional pickup may be made further east off the 10.
Decision will be made after the location of all passengers has been determined.
We will call all confirmed passengers by Tuesday evening with any updates or changes.
We will have multiple drivers so we should be driving straight through.
We should arrive in Crawford in the early afternoon Thursday.
· The plan now is to depart Crawford around noon on Wednesday, August 31st getting those back to California late aftenoon or evening on Thursday.
· To be guaranteed a spot, call Kathleen Hernandez @ 310-339-1770 or
Bill Mitchell @ 805-391-1815…
or email (by Tuesday night) the following information to
email@example.com (name, home phone, cell phone, city, email address and any applicable information).
What to bring
There is space to sleep near the Peace House at the local park where there is a beautiful swimming hole and waterfall. Some space may be available at Camp Casey1 in the ditch, the new Camp Casey2, or at the Peace House. Additional hotels are in Waco and McGregor (Weston Inn 254-840-0444).
· For camping: small tent, sleeping bag, pads, etc.
· A hat, swimsuit, sunblock, Insect repellant, flashlight
· light clothing (very humid) but there was rain last week.
There are shuttles running back and forth from the Peace house to both Camp Casey’s throughout the day. Other transportation must be arranged individually. There are many people around that will give you a lift.
Voluteers serve an evening meal and there is fruit and other snacks available. The fare has been Food Not Bombs is cooking so be ready for great fare. Water and other beverages are readily available.
Starmail - 24. Aug, 10:47