15
Nov
2004

Family weapon of mast destruction

In case any of you are trying to advise land and property owners let them know about this story. Birmingham council not cannot demolish a block of flats because of masts that have been put on the. The operators would be without a signal and are stopping demolision!

Check out the following link:
//icbirmingham.icnetwork.co.uk/eveningmail/news/tm_objectid=14865787&method=full&siteid=50002&headline=family-weapon-of-mast-destruction-name_page.html
//tinyurl.com/4u9qy

Yasmin
Mast Network


Family weapon of mast destruction

Nov 12 2004

By Neil Elkes, Evening Mail

Families were today bracing themselves for a battle with mobile phone companies over new plans to erect masts.

02 has applied to Birmingham City Council to replace a large mast on a tower block, with three smaller ones.

Orange, which has previously removed a mast from the derelict 13-storey Lake-house Court, on Fosseway estate, New Oscott, has also submitted plans for three "micro masts" next to the Place 2B pub, in Antrobus Road, at Beggars Bush junction and on a verge in Witton Lodge Road.

The plans have sparked outrage from residents who oppose both applications.

Retired Graham Millington, who has helped raise an 800-name petition against the mast nearest his Antrobus Road home, said: "We do have health concerns.

"But we are also worried about adding to traffic lights, pedestrian crossings and street lights with a 10-metre mast as it is a a very cluttered area already."

The council has been trying to demolish the eyesore tower block - dubbed Birmingham's tallest mobile phone mast platform - for more than a year.

But legal agreements and leases between the council, 02 and Orange means the council would be landed with huge costs if it went ahead with the demolition because it would leave both firms without mobile phone coverage in the area.

An Orange spokesman said: "The larger mast would have a range of up to a mile, the micro masts are a lot less powerful and can only reach about 330 yards in all directions. That is why three are needed to replace the big one we took down."

The stalemate between the council and the two mobile phone giants has held up not only the tower's demolition, but also the regeneration of the estate.

Housing officers are currently looking to re-home the remaining handful of families left in the estate's 11 maisonette blocks.

A housing spokeswoman said: "We can confirm that three planning applications have been submitted in the area and are currently going through the planning process."
logo

Omega-News

User Status

Du bist nicht angemeldet.

Suche

 

Archiv

November 2004
Mo
Di
Mi
Do
Fr
Sa
So
 
 
 
 
 
 

Aktuelle Beiträge

Wenn das Telefon krank...
//groups.google.com/g roup/mobilfunk_newsletter/ t/6f73cb93cafc5207   htt p://omega.twoday.net/searc h?q=elektromagnetische+Str ahlen //omega.twoday. net/search?q=Strahlenschut z //omega.twoday.net/ search?q=elektrosensibel h ttp://omega.twoday.net/sea rch?q=Funkloch //omeg a.twoday.net/search?q=Alzh eimer //freepage.twod ay.net/search?q=Alzheimer //omega.twoday.net/se arch?q=Joachim+Mutter
Starmail - 8. Apr, 08:39
Familie Lange aus Bonn...
//twitter.com/WILABon n/status/97313783480574361 6
Starmail - 15. Mär, 14:10
Dänische Studie findet...
//omega.twoday.net/st ories/3035537/ -------- HLV...
Starmail - 12. Mär, 22:48
Schwere Menschenrechtsverletzungen ...
Bitte schenken Sie uns Beachtung: Interessengemeinschaft...
Starmail - 12. Mär, 22:01
Effects of cellular phone...
//www.buergerwelle.de /pdf/effects_of_cellular_p hone_emissions_on_sperm_mo tility_in_rats.htm [...
Starmail - 27. Nov, 11:08

Status

Online seit 6747 Tagen
Zuletzt aktualisiert: 8. Apr, 08:39

Credits